Spend a fun evening making your own strappy espadrilles, in a fabric of your choice. You’ll walk away with one completed sandal, with all the knowledge and skills to finish the second one (and many more pairs!) at home. Imagine all the fabrics you could use!
Over this 3 hour workshop you’ll master the following sewing and construction skills:
- Adjusting a pattern for fit
- Stitching corners and curved seams
- Attaching the straps
- Pinning the upper to the sole
- Hand-stitching using blanket stitch
Skills needed: This workshop is suitable for all levels.
Materials: You'll need to bring or buy a fat quarter (50cm x 50cm) or skinny quarter (100cm x 25cm) of fabric. Light to medium weight cotton or linen work best. All other materials and tools are provided. The Village Haberdashery have a wide selection of suitable fabrics in the shop and students receive a 10% discount on all purchases on class day.
The soles are available in EU sizes 36 – 42. We'll contact you after booking to find out which size espadrilles you’d like.
- Date: Monday, 3 July, 6:30pm - 9:30pm
- Location: The Village Haberdashery shop at West Hampstead Square, London NW6 2BR
- Class size: 8